Get help – Children and Young People

Table of contents

A cartoon boy holding a bird surrounded by speech bubbles and letters.

If you are concerned that a child may be at immediate risk of harm, please contact your local Social Work Department or Police Scotland (dialling 999 in an emergency) as a matter of urgency. The office is not able to investigate child protection concerns.

This form is specifically for children and young people to ask us questions about human rights, ways you can get involved, provide suggestions as well as other enquiries. This form is for

  • everyone in Scotland under 18, and
  • everyone in Scotland under 21 who is care experienced.

If you are an adult with a query please visit our contact us page to make sure your question is answered by the right member of our team. We cannot respond to questions from adults here.

Contact form

Get help – Children and Young People

  • When you message us we will use the personal information you provide to us to allow us to respond to you.

    You can find out how we look after the personal information you provide us and what your rights are on our privacy page.

  • We can’t give you legal advice, like a lawyer can. If you want to speak to a lawyer, we can help put you in touch with one.

Phone us

Telephone number: 0131 346 5350

Children and Young People’s FREEPHONE: 0800 019 1179

BSL users can contact us via an online BSL/English interpreter
Back to top