Freedom of Information
The Children and Young People's Commissioner must comply with the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 and the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004.
This gives you a right to ask for and be given the information we hold, unless we can give you a good reason for not providing you with it.
If you want to see any information that we hold, you should make your request in writing or other recordable format (e.g. by email or letter). You should send your request to us by email to email@example.com or by post to:
|Children and Young People's Commissioner Scotland
|9 Haymarket Terrace
You must provide us with:
- your name
- contact details so that we can respond (an email address will do)
- a description of the information you would like us to provide.
Please call us on 0131 346 5350, write to us at the address above or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like some help or advice about framing your request or if you would like to know what types of information we are likely to hold on a subject.
A request for environmental information can be made in any form (e.g. by phone, email or letter).
Our publication scheme
The Children and Young People's Commissioner has adopted the Scottish Information Commissioner's Model Publication Scheme.
Read the Model Publication Scheme.
Guide to Information
In adopting the Model Publication Scheme, The Children and Young People's Commissioner has produced a Guide to Information which:
- allows you to see what information is available (and what is not available) in relation to each class
- states what charges may be applied
- explains how to find the information easily
- provides contact details for enquiries and how to get help with accessing the information
- explains how to request information that we hold that has not been published.
View the guide
There are three ways to find our Guide to Information. You can: